Position and specialisations
Chris Twaits is a partner in the Property Department. He is a very experienced commercial property lawyer and a nationally recognised secured lending specialist. Chris was formerly Head of a Commercial Property Group at a regional firm in Southampton.
Chris has significant experience of a very wide range of commercial property work in the retail, leisure, care, industrial and office markets.
Chris has particular experience and sector knowledge of:
- Acting for banks taking security over property assets
- Representing care home, day nursery, hotel and pub operators in sale, purchase and refinance transactions
- Acting for some of the largest owners of residential mobile home parks in the UK in the purchase, sale and refinancing of their property assets
- Representing commercial developers and investors
- Acting for SIPP and SSAS pension trustee clients in the acquisition, sale and management of their portfolios
Chris has been recognised by Legal 500 (a key independent guide to the legal profession) in both the Real Estate and Banking & Finance categories. Legal 500 state that Chris “always gives good, practical advice” and that his advice is “clear and unequivocal”.
Chris was born in 1976, is married with two young children and lives in Cranborne. His leisure interests include sailing and hill walking.
Chris can be contacted on 01202 204519 or by email.