While utilising the Internet as a medium for doing business has been revolutionary, it has brought with it many new problems and potential pitfalls for businesses involved in e-commerce, including numerous new rules and regulations.
Businesses who become involved in e-commerce may find that the contracts they make are not effective or that they fall foul of regulations.
At Steele Raymond LLP we have a wealth of experience of dealing with the issues involved in e-commerce for our clients. Some examples of the e-commerce services we provide are:
- Advising on relevant legislation including:
the Data Protection Act, the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations
the Electronic Commerce Regulations the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
- Producing standard terms for e-commerce sites whether for Business to business; or Business to consumer
- Providing privacy policies and liability disclaimers for web sites
- Advising on contracts specific to e-commerce such as Web design contracts, Web hosting contracts, Contracts with content providers, Web-site advertising and sponsorship contracts
- Protecting brand and reputation including dealing with domain names and disputes about domain names.
- Protecting other intellectual property rights involved in e-commerce such as copyright and database rights. See further the section on our intellectual property services.