Steele Raymond LLP’s Shipping Team provides both specialist and expert legal advice for the commercial & leisure maritime industry.
Our team represents a very broad range of marine interests from ship owners to marina operators and has extensive experience in many areas of marine law.
Our aim is to provide a personal and practical service to suit our clients needs, by understanding the problems marine businesses and individuals may face, as well as how to solve them. Wherever possible we resolve disputes without going to court, but where necessary provide a strong team to pursue or defend cases through the courts, at arbitration or before tribunals.
Our office based in Bournemouth on the South Coast enables us to provide a first class service comparable to London shipping firms.
The expertise/services provided by the team include:
- Shipbuilding contracts – including yacht construction contracts
- Ship Repair & conversion contracts
- Sale & Purchase contracts
- Design contracts & supervision
- Financial & security documentation in relation to the acquisition & operation of ships, inc loan agreements, lease agreements, mortgages & other security documents
- Company & commercial
- Charter & operating agreements
- Operational requirements including compliance with all marine safety regulations
- Marine Insurance
- Taxation inc tonnage, corporation & income tax, VAT and customs & excise duties
- Employment contracts including crew agreements
- Marina developments
We also deal with all disputes that may arise under these contracts or otherwise in relation to ships and yachts including arrest proceedings in the Admiralty Court, Litigation and arbitration.
Recommended for: Shipping in the South West
Steele Raymond LLP’s Graeme Bowtle advises banks and owners on the acquisition of high-value yachts and pleasure vessels. Team head Julian Fenn has expertise in contentious ship financing matters.
Source: The Legal 500 2012 an independent guide to the legal profession.