Widely known for our commercial work, we are also committed to helping clients in times of marital breakdown. We offer specialist advice on a wide range of family law issues, including divorce, separation, financial settlements, children related issues and the breakdown of unmarried relationships. Inevitably, many difficult and emotive questions arise:
- What happens to the children?
- What will happen to the house?
- What will happen to my business?
- What will happen to my pension?
- How do we deal with assets like life insurance or endowment policies?
- Who pays the legal fees
Our Aim is:-
- To provide constructive advice that is clear and supportive
- To reduce tensions and promote positive solutions
- To give explanations on what you can expect, but the decisions are yours - you remain in control
- To be available and accessible at all times, when you need us
- To be both sympathetic and business like, aiming to help you to resolve difficult issues with the minimum of anxiety and delay
We can help in the following areas:
- divorce and separation
- financial issues including the - distribution of family assets
- children's welfare issues including residence and contact
- pre-nuptial agreements
- civil partnerships
- cohabitation issues including cohabitation agreements
One of the many concerns facing people experiencing family breakdown is the cost of legal advice. Whilst we do not accept instructions under the Community Legal Service/Legal Aid Scheme. We are able to look at constructive funding arrangements to meet every need.